What flooring to put down in garage
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Silis0001
Labourer
Labourer

What flooring to put down in garage

by Silis0001 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:33 pm

We are changing the garage in to bedroom for my family. . Floor is all concreate . I wont to put down carpet how. Do i put down chipboard first or do i need to put down some insulion first . Thanks simon

Chipboard Mechanic
Labourer
Labourer

by Chipboard Mechanic » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:44 am

Hello Simon,
I have just laid a floor over concrete using an underlay, in this case soft fibre board, as sold to go underneath laminate flooring. (B&Q) Followed by T&G flooring partical board (Caberfloor). This has workeg well as I didn't want to raise the floor level too much. However, if that would be no problem then use 25mm Polystyrene foam insulation slabs as the underlay.
The weight of the Partical board is sufficient to stop any movement along with the friction of the underlay, so do not try to fix it through. A cautionary note, make any of the filling cuts at the edges as large as possible to help stability or use adhesive on the joints nearest the edges to prevent the carpet from lifting the edges of the board. :)

Silis0001
Labourer
Labourer

by Silis0001 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:33 pm

Cheers for the advise .

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:37 pm