DIY Doctor

What is the best stuff to use when filling in gaps (corners)

Postby stoz » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:59 am

Can anyone tell me what to use to fill in the corners where the plaster board does not meet (corners), before plastering.
Thanks in advance :cry:
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:44 am


DIY asbestos test kits

Postby kbrownie » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:01 pm

Hi you can buy a self adhesive tape from Builders Merchants and DIY stores, Look in the plastering dept or ask. It's made of nylon and comes in rolls a bit like the plasters scrim and then can be filled out and will prevent cracks re-appearing.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 1995
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:36 pm

Postby Aidan » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:47 pm

What i normally do is use skrim tape (as above said) down the join and then mix a little dry line adhesive and push it in to the gap over the skrim getting in as much as possible so there are no gaps. Let it go off for about 20-30 minutes then get a wet brush and brush off any excess leaving you with a gapless joint with the added protection of the skrim tape
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:09 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics