What Software Tools are Mostly Used by Interior Design Companies in the UK?
Your comments on how to design the perfect home - And help others do it !

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
accjaza
Labourer
Labourer

What Software Tools are Mostly Used by Interior Design Companies in the UK?

Post by accjaza » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:23 am

Hey,
I am looking for a list of the most important software tools to learn for finding a job in an interior design company in the UK. I can already work with 3Ds Max and Vray renderer but I doubt if thats enough. what do you think?

Hugh Schkok
Tradesman
Tradesman

Re: What Software Tools are Mostly Used by Interior Design Companies in the UK?

Post by Hugh Schkok » Wed May 15, 2019 6:59 pm

It's definitely a start in the right direction. I used to use Auto Cad but it didn't take me long to find I was being ripped off. It was a package I had been taught at a university, culminating in creating an American Provincial home, an historic temple of worship and a pipe structure all in 3D and containing every detail that it took to build them. When I paid a Kings ransom for my personal package I was horrified. To cut a long story short, I tried IMSI Turbo Cad and it is the Mutts nuts, There are so many variants available and one ypou buy into it all upgrades are much cheaper than if you bought them bit by bit. They have a Help Line where you can contact them 24/7 and they do not fmuck around they just do it. I have had an upgrade from V 13 or 14 to V21 Deluxe as my help utility wasn't working. They didn't even flinch. I can produce all my drawing in just about every format from Dwg (auto Cad) to PDF, JPG to PNG. 3d and rendering is childs play and what was sometimes a separate degree course in Auto Cad is easy peasy lemon squeezy in TCadI wish I could fault it but I cant it's become a big part of my working day and one of the best moves I have ever made.

I don't work for nor in anyway related to IMSI and do not want anyone thinking I am being sponsored for their product but if you have such a great tool then share it.

PS: I never recommend anything to any one as after I have used it for sometime it goes horribly wrong and they end up sending hate mail and i reciprocate. i have had TCad for 15 years now and i think I am able to recommend it to anyone who has a use for it.

Enjoy

Hugh

rvtbooster
Labourer
Labourer

Post by rvtbooster » Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:06 am

My team and I are using Naviate Revit® Booster. It really shows the true power of digital workflows and solutions. We can focus more on creativity and innovation.

brantelyolivia1320
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by brantelyolivia1320 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:56 am

Interior design companies in the UK commonly use a variety of software tools to aid in their design process. These can include:

1. Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software, such as AutoCAD or SketchUp, for creating detailed plans and drawings of a space.
2. 3D rendering software, such as V-Ray or Lumion, for creating photorealistic visualizations of a design.
3. Project management software, such as Asana or Trello, for keeping track of tasks and deadlines.
4. Virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) tools, such as Oculus Rift or HoloLens, for creating immersive visualizations of a space.
5. Product sourcing and resource management software, such as Design Manager or Studio Webware, to manage purchasing, pricing and inventory.

It's worth noting that these tools vary depending on the size, scope, and budget of the project. Moreover, depending on their size and budget, some companies may opt to use some of these tools in-house, while others may outsource some of the work to freelancers or smaller firms.

brantelyolivia1320
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by brantelyolivia1320 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:48 am

3Ds Max and Vray are definitely important tools for creating 3D renderings and visualizations in the interior design industry. But there are some other software tools that can be useful to learn as well. There are some software tools that may help you to find a job in Interior Design Companies in the UK.
1. AutoCAD
2. SketchUp
3. Adobe Photoshop
4. Adobe Illustrator etc.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 am