DIY Doctor

What to do with flat front door?

Postby Goodboy » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:36 pm

My flat door is like this see the photo . I want to make it better. Should I use night latch or bell system, by the way I don't know what the other part of Bell system look like. I don't have that system any more by the way. Thanks
Attachments
20200727_121927.jpg
Goodboy
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:22 pm

Hi goodboy
Since you have a glass panel in your door it's probably worth fitting a night latch with inside key locking.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Postby Goodboy » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:27 am

It is hard to do it. It is for renting yesterday I made a mistake I bought a deadlocking lock . It is very easy to lock someone inside
Goodboy
Progress to next rank:
25%

Postby stoneyboy » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:23 pm

Hi goodboy
Since the flat is not for your use you may as well stick with the lock in your photo. The bell system is intended for remote release of the door lock so is not much use for your flat.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!