DIY Doctor

Main navigation

What type of bulb connector is this for outdoor floodlight?

Postby Pandor » Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:53 pm

Hi all,

Need to change the outdoor floodlight bulb. Taken it out but a bit stumped as to what type of bulb connector it is. Anyone know?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:44 pm


Simply Build It

Postby Mr White » Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:09 pm

What you have there is called a Compact Fluorescent Lamp. That one was designed with a right angled pin configuration so that it can be mounted sideways. (Normally they are vertical)
I doubt you will get one as CFL's are out currently out of favour, and need to be disposed of responsibly as they contain mercury.
Your lamp does not look too bad (It is not black at the ends) which implies it is the "switch gear" that is at fault, not the lamp. (The switch gear is inside the light fitting)
You really would be better off changing the complete floodlight to one that has LED's, not only will it be brighter, it will instantly illuminate and use less electricity.
Mr White
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 1026
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:54 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics