Which boiler thermostat ?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Viking
Apprentice
Apprentice

Which boiler thermostat ?

Post by Viking » Wed May 09, 2007 8:17 pm

The subject is a 1970's floor standing Potterton C50/15/SB. Having recently saved the boiler from almost certain death by sourcing and replacing the gas valve I now want to be prepaired for the next componant failure ! The only original part left apart from the heat exchanger is the boiler thermostat. The only markings on it are :
Ranco 250V 16A T107 Degrees C. The length of the heat sensor is 24cm.
Can anyone advise if these are available and what the equivalent part number is ?

powerflushman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Which boiler thermostat

Post by powerflushman » Sun May 20, 2007 9:58 pm

Hi If you go to the potterton website and send them an email with details of boiler I am sure they can help. :)

Viking
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Viking » Tue May 29, 2007 9:25 pm

On previous experience when contacting Potterton I've found them unhelpful not wanting to know anything about old obsolete boilers. If I'd followed their advice the boiler would have been out of service 10 years ago. Parts like gas valves are quite easily obtainable but according to potterton they are unavailable ! They just can't be bothered I'm afraid !
I've since found out the part number for the Boiler thermostat : 404384 or Potterton code 0251190. Not had any luck sourcing one yet. Will keep searching, must be some sitting at the back of a shed somewhere.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1