Which laminate flooring
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
teesside
Labourer
Labourer

Which laminate flooring

by teesside » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:52 pm

Hello, i am going to lay laminate flooring in my hall way. I am fairly new to the whole DIY thing but i am really keen to have a go at this and i really don't want my first effort to be a disater.

I have looked around B&Q, Home base, Wickes etc and the range of flooring is frankly overwhelming - i have yet to find a compehensive review of the available products.

So i would be very grateful if people could make some recommendations as to which brand of laminate flooring to use based on ease of fitting and value for money.

Many thanks,

Steve.

flooringadvice
Labourer
Labourer

by flooringadvice » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:57 am

Hi Steve,

Both Quickstep and Natura are reputable brands. Fitting laminate flooring is a daunting task, especially if you feel you're not too technically competent. But fear not it's not too hard. I recommend gen'ing up via videos. There's a great range here: Google "video.google.co.uk/videosearch?hl=en&q=how%20to%20fit%20laminate%20flooring"

Hope that helps

murphy13
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Which laminate flooring

by murphy13 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:41 pm

[quote="teesside"]Hello, i am going to lay laminate flooring in my hall way. I am fairly new to the whole DIY thing but i am really keen to have a go at this and i really don't want my first effort to be a disater.

I have looked around B&Q, Home base, Wickes etc and the range of flooring is frankly overwhelming - i have yet to find a compehensive review of the available products.

So i would be very grateful if people could make some recommendations as to which brand of laminate flooring to use based on ease of fitting and value for money.

Many thanks,

Steve.[/quote]

Quickstep everytime. when you begin the installation start from the obstacles ie door frams that way when you are putting in the finishing row you wont be backing in to them.

reggae88
Labourer
Labourer

Flooring

by reggae88 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:30 pm

Hi. Its worth having a few tools just to give you the professional touch and speed things up such as ;
- Workbench (to hold the piece you are working on)
- Jigsaw (to cut difficult angles/shapesie round radiator pipes)
- A depth gauge (these are great and can be found in the tiling section, you can re-create the shape you need to cut instantly)
- Some knee pads
- carpenter's pencils (for marking)
- A floor fixing kit (sold in the flooring section)
- Hammer, chisel, hand saw, hoover etc..
Good luck and don't panic, it will be daunting at first but as long as you think and plan the job, you should be fine.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:19 am