Which under lay to use on concrete floor
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jojoGMOUTH
Labourer
Labourer

Which under lay to use on concrete floor

by jojoGMOUTH » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:29 pm

Could anyone tell me which underlay to use on concrete floor? My daughters bedroom has a concrete floor which has a rubber backed underlay. The room has a cold damp feel and suffers from dampness. Last year I put a damp proof paint on floor which made a big difference with damp coming up through floor but her room is still cold.

Can anyone help??[/b]

JRS
Ganger
Ganger

by JRS » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:54 pm

Wrong section i would say. Try re-posting in the flooring section

theshedman
Foreman
Foreman

by theshedman » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:06 am

Hi, as JRS says try reposting in flooring section, but if you have got damp coming up through floor then it will be more than a coat of damp proof paint it will need. I would get a builder in to have a look at it as it can't be healthy sleeping in a room that has got damp. They could on the other hand tell you that it is something completely different. One way to tell if it is damp is to get a piece of glass and put a thin bead of putty or similar around the edge and press it on to the area you think is damp, if it starts to get wet then it will be damp and not condensation.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:50 pm