White Meter Heating problem
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
groover68
Labourer
Labourer

White Meter Heating problem

by groover68 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:44 am

My flat had white meter heaters which I removed due to the condition they were in. All heaters I replaced work perfect except the livingroom heater which was supplied by 2 power sources from the wall. All other heaters only have 1 power supply and work fine. Maybe its due to the removed heater being the largest in the flat ? When I have linked in the new heater I bought, it only has one power cord using the one supply from the wall and it doesnt work at all. Could this be due to the now dormant extra power supply ? Im really stuck and any advice would be gratefully received ! Its cold in the evenings !! I have tried both supply sockets and no joy with either.

Thanks
David

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: White Meter Heating problem

by BLAKEY1963 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:32 pm

[quote="groover68"]My flat had white meter heaters which I removed due to the condition they were in. All heaters I replaced work perfect except the livingroom heater which was supplied by 2 power sources from the wall. All other heaters only have 1 power supply and work fine. Maybe its due to the removed heater being the largest in the flat ? When I have linked in the new heater I bought, it only has one power cord using the one supply from the wall and it doesnt work at all. Could this be due to the now dormant extra power supply ? Im really stuck and any advice would be gratefully received ! Its cold in the evenings !! I have tried both supply sockets and no joy with either.

Thanks
David[/quote]

Groover68.
the one supply cable would be on peak and swichable to
allow whats known as a boost facilty, and should be permanently live fron a protective device in the on peak board.
the other cable is off peak coming on between 11 pm - 7am.
your heaters will have connections , for both unless the instructions
say off peak only
check instructions and if still unsure u need to get someone in ,
because its very important to get the connections right.

BLAKEY1963

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:44 pm