Wireless Doorbell Installation and Frequency Issues
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
epicurus
Labourer
Labourer

Wireless Doorbell Installation and Frequency Issues

by epicurus » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:36 pm

Im trying to install wireless doorbells for 3 flats I'm renovating currently. I bought 3 wireless bells of the same brand and model from B&Q. However, when I tried to install them, there was interference and ringing one bell picked up the frequency from another receiver and ringing the second bell, led to all 3 ringing at once.

I think the problem is that all 3 bells are on the same frequency. So Im going to buy bells of different frequencies. So is this a wise idea? Will buying bells with mhz frequencies solve the problem. Or is frequency unrelated to the problem? I dont want to buy bells, open them up and then find the same problem and because I've opened them, not be able to return them.

Thank you.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:20 am

I have three sets of door bells and I wanted to use switch from one on a different door bell and all the same frequency I checked using my 70cm ham radio on scan to locate the frequency on each.

Not as good as frequency counter but near enough.

I have completely failed to get door push to work another bell however I did get it to switch off my remote socket switch for TV.

I have tried sending many sub audible tones to see if I could trigger from my ham radio I agree only 3 watt and licensed for 400 but still well over the power transmitted by the door push.

Thought I could ring door bell as I drove up the drive but no luck.

Hence I would say your very unlucky to have this problem the coding is normally very good in stopping any signals not with correct code from ringing the door bell.

The only one I have had problems with are those built into the house alarm.

OK I have heard of problems with car locks with a 10W transmitter but only with Vauxhall.

The Lidi door bells are self programming and I would not use them. Same with Home base. But Aldi and Friedland have manual dip switches and they seem to work well.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:51 am