wireless or wired Motion detectors
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
JamesMichaelson
Apprentice
Apprentice

wireless or wired Motion detectors

by JamesMichaelson » Tue May 12, 2009 10:53 am

Hi all,

was wondering whether I should get Google "websecuritysystems.com" wireless motion detectors or just the normal types.

I got this much from somwhere:

"• Open-circuit systems – With an open circuit what happens is when somebody opens the door the open-circuit is completed and electricity starts flowing so the alarm is set off.
• Closed-circuit systems – Using this system as long as your door is closed the electric circuit remains closed and whenever somebody opens the door, the circuit becomes discontinuous, and the alarm is triggered."

But I cannot get much meaning out of it.

Help please!

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am

it's done be using contactors that are energized or de-energized depending which type of system you are using.
It's like having a stop/start button but using the door as breaking point,
You can have normally open circuits that are open under normal operation but can be closed using a certain function ie opening the door, this will then close the contacts and set your alarm off.
or visa versa You can have normally closed circuits, which work in a way that when they are broken it will energize your alarms system.
As the meerkat says it's simple!
KB

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:08 pm