Wiring a Nest Heat Link in an Airing Cupboard
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sean1973
Labourer
Labourer

Wiring a Nest Heat Link in an Airing Cupboard

by Sean1973 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:38 pm

Hi all. I'm looking to place a Nest heat link in my airing cupboard  and wire directly into the wiring center. I have a S plan system with a programmer and a wired thermostat. There are 3 cables coming into the wiring center and the usual amount going out to the valves etc. By using a electrical screwdriver and turning the programmer on and off I have worked out that when I turn the heating on 2 blocks go live. One block has 2 cables connected in the input side and the other block has one wire on input and one output. I assume that the first block with 2 wires together is the programmer connected to the thermostat input, the other is the thermostat output connected to the feed to the CH valve. When I switch the hot water on, a separate block goes live, this I assume feeds the HW valve. I also have a permanent live in the wiring center. Is it right to think I can disconnect  2 of the 3 cables entering the box which I think are the programmer and thermostat cables and terminate the connections from the programmer with separate blocks, then use the thermostat cable to connect to the T1 and T2 connections in the heat link  so I can conect the Nest thermostat. Also should I conect a cable between the heat link call for heat terminal and the conection block which feeds the CH valve, similarly a cable between the heat link call for hot water and the HW valve conection. Thanks for taking time out to read this which I hope makes sense to you. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated as I want to make sure I get it right.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Wiring a Nest Heat Link in an Airing Cupboard

by ericmark » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:13 pm

As I said in other forum, use the colours on the motorised valve wires to work out what does what.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1