Wiring my old Strip Light to new Light

Postby adam1985 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:13 am

please someone help ,e! i have took down my striplight in kitchen to put new light up to be confronted with 2 black 2 red a blue and a brown wire which wires go where?
adam1985
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby chriscba » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:33 pm

A photo would help, can't tell if the one of the blacks is a switch wire.................
if there is red sleaving on one of the blacks, then this is what you do......

Put both reds in a connector block, the black and the blue to the neutral to the light & the black wire with red sleaving & brown to the live of the light.
chriscba
Progress to next rank:
11.3%

Postby BLAKEY1963 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:40 pm

Adam1985
You have red and black cables installed before 2004/5 , then our colours were changed ( harmonisation ) to the current colours of brown and blue. A cable with the same coloured cores twin red or twin brown could normally be used as a switch wire. The other mixed colours could be loop feeds in and out. It is difficult to assess what cables are doing what without pictures. Can you remember how they were ?
BLAKEY1963
Progress to next rank:
36.8%

Postby Mr White » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:51 pm

BLAKEY1963 wrote: Can you remember how they were ?

Would it not be a case of if he could remember where they were, he would not have the need to ask?

I also suspect there is an addition light that has been added.
Mr White
Progress to next rank:
36.7%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!