wiring problem
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bazza
Ganger
Ganger

wiring problem

by bazza » Mon May 14, 2007 6:38 pm

hi there first time in forum a q. ihav just fitted 2 new wall lights and a one way switch which worked perfect then wen drilling for connecting the wall light i accidentely drilled through a ring main curcuit feeding the socketsi hav since replaced the damaged cable and everthing is workin fine problem is when i came to re-fit the wall light even though i had removed the fuse from c.u. there waz still power there so i turned all power off to fit new light which is workin fine just wondering if it dangerous n wat cud b causing the fault i.e power there when fuse removed ? hope someone can help THANX

Add
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Add » Sat May 19, 2007 9:01 pm

Hi,

Perhaps the consumer unit is incorrectly labbelled ???????

Add

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Sat May 19, 2007 9:15 pm

Hi Bazza,
ARE you sure circuit was still live? If so get some one qualified in to check, BUT if you where testing with a neon test screwdriver, chuck it in the bin! as two circuits sitting next to each other will cause coupling effect enough to light one of those things!!!!! regards
SPARX

bazza
Ganger
Ganger

by bazza » Sat May 19, 2007 9:48 pm

[quote="sparx"]Hi Bazza,
ARE you sure circuit was still live? If so get some one qualified in to check, BUT if you where testing with a neon test screwdriver, chuck it in the bin! as two circuits sitting next to each other will cause coupling effect enough to light one of those things!!!!! regards
SPARX[/quote]thanx for the reply as i had to replace cable which i drilled thru i also had to move the light fixture over a couple of inches which ment i had to cross the lighting cable over the top of the socket cable and unforternately i wasnt able to fit a conduit due to solid brick i cudnt break thru cud this be causing the light circuit to be live even tho lighting fuse is taken out and is it safe until i can get someone to look at it thanx for any advise ps only knew curcuit waz live wen i removed light fuse and touched the wires to push into back of light fitting oooouch ah ah think ill stick to plumbing

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:52 pm