Wooden Structure Under Wallpaper and Does Anyone Know What This is?
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Scollom85
Labourer
Labourer

Wooden Structure Under Wallpaper and Does Anyone Know What This is?

Post by Scollom85 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:22 pm

Hi Everyone

Our house is quite an age and I’m dying to get this horrible woodchip wallpaper off the wall. We bought the house a couple of years ago. I know I’m probably going to have to get the walls plastered but I’m worried about what’s under the wallpaper. These “supports” seem to be made of wood. I’ve been warned by a few people just to leave it all as it is but this room lets the rest of the house down a bagful (dining room).

Anyone know what these are, why they are there and what could happen after i’ve ripped the wallpaper off. I want to get rid of these things too.

Thanks!

S
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nobody
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Wooden Structure Under Wallpaper and Does Anyone Know What This is?

Post by Nobody » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:06 am

I'm far from an expert but that looks like shelving to me.

Whatever it is, though, the plasterer will just cover it up. You won't know it's there once the wall has been boarded and/or skimmed. There's little point trying to remove it. The best you can hope to achieve is to save about 15 mm of the size of the room. More likely, you'll create problems you didn't have before if you try to get it out.

If I were you I'd just get on with the stripping and plastering.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:59 am