Worchester 240 - 'operating switch' not controlling
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
shiponthewater
Labourer
Labourer

Worchester 240 - 'operating switch' not controlling

by shiponthewater » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:46 pm

The boiler fires up and provides H/W on demand and C/H - but operation of the front panel 3 position switch "water/off/heating & water" has no effect - the boiler is always in the "heating & water" mode - even when "off" is selected the boiler remains in "heating & water" mode - Does anyone have any ideas ?? - no clicking from the functioning of any internal relays or solenoids can be heard when operating the switch ...

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:14 pm

has it ever worked ? I know the worcester 9.24, we started to fit external controls because the boiler controls weren't made anymore or they were too expensive to buy, does your boiler have any external timer or programmer ? sometimes the original controls are disconnected

shiponthewater
Labourer
Labourer

by shiponthewater » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:00 am

Just moved to house so can't say it was ever working ok - the only external is the basic Danfoss TP5 which I can't see being the cause of this problem - but I'll have a closer look at the wiring - many thanks

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:04 pm

the danfoss tp5 probably isn't the cause of the problem, this has probably been fitted to over ride the boiler controls as i said in my last post, the boiler controls are expensive to replace so external programmers are wired in.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1