Wordester Bosch RD628 warning lights query
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
old dazed&confused
Labourer
Labourer

Wordester Bosch RD628 warning lights query

by old dazed&confused » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:27 pm

Hi,

I recently moved house and after 20 years of electric storage heaters, now have gas central heating with a Worcester RD628 combi boiler. Yesterday it cut out and there was a red flashing light. On reading the manual I discovered that there could be two speeds of flashing warning light, one more serious than the other. Luckily, the warning light was the slower of the two, and the manual instructed me to press the switch till the light went out and it should be okay, which it seems to be, fingers crossed.

However the info about the other warning light was a bit vague. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the two lights and what they mean? The manual suggested that if the faster light came on I should not attempt to use the boiler and should get an engineer in ASAP, but did not say what problem with the boiler woud cause this to happen in the first place. Perhaps some of the info is missing, but the more I know about this boiler the easier I'll sleep at night, so any info about these warning lights would be most welcome!

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:18 pm

I'm not sure about the particular boiler you'r talking about but most Worcester boiler tell you the fault by the speed the warning light flashes, whereas other boiler have one or two or baxi has about 7.

If the boiler can be reset then it's nothing serious, could be a few things

-over-heat could just be abit air around sensor, air trapped in pump
-low system pressure, check the gauge, should be about 1.0 to 1.5 bar

I would only reset 2 or 3 times, if it continues get an engineer to give it a once over as it could be somehting simple that if not fixed could lead to a more expensive repair.

more serious fault would be,
-air pressure switch not operated - could be faulty switch or fan
-pump not running

If you look in the back of your boiler manual there should be some fault finding guides, this should tell you what the lights mean etc.

hope this helps

htg
-boiler not firing - gas valve, ignition etc.

old dazed&confused
Labourer
Labourer

Worcester RD628

by old dazed&confused » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:03 pm

Thanks a lot for that. The boiler has cut out again since my original post, but again it was the slower flashing light. I'll give it another chance before getting in an engineer and also have another look at the manual in the meantime.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1