Worecster 24 SBI central heating issues
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
led zep
Labourer
Labourer

Worecster 24 SBI central heating issues

by led zep » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:37 pm

I have the above boiler and have posted previously.My central heating will switch off on occasions and despite the thermostat being turned to Max and the bolier setting being placed on Max the bolier will not fire up.This will last for upwars to an hour or so.All of a sudden it will re start and the heating comes back on again.I have had a central heating engineer look at it typical the system was back to its working self and he suggetsed that it may be a thermostat problem and to replace that first.In all fairness he added that it would have been better if the heating had not righted itself as it is making it difficult to establish the problem has anyone any ideas.

nclair
Labourer
Labourer

by nclair » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:07 pm

I have a Worcester 24i boiler with exactly the same problem. It fires up then turns off/on randomly before coming on fully and staying on. British Gas came to look at it this morning and it started playing up for him but then it started working again and he couldn't identify the fault. However, he did point out (news to me) that my room thermostat isn't working and not communicating with the boiler. He said that it would be good to get an electrician out to fit a wireless thermostat and that may solve the problem.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1