Workmate problem with replacing table
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Jintynut
Apprentice
Apprentice

Workmate problem with replacing table

by Jintynut » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:14 pm

I want to replace the table on an old workmate but can't identify which one it is, when I bought it there just 2 cantilever types now there seem to be 1/2 dozen.

Bert

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Workmate problem with replacing table

by stoneyboy » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:03 pm

Hi jintynut,
Search for “workmate spares” on line, this will allow you to identify your model and determine if spare tables are available. You may have to buy some marine ply of the right thickness and make your own.
Regards S

Jintynut
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Workmate problem with replacing table

by Jintynut » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:12 am

I been to a couple of those spares sites, however I don't know which model number I have the label was destroyed long ago. I have been able to identify it by a critical path process which it describes it as type 8, there are 9, but the sites only go up to type 5 I think. I vaguely recall there are 2 - 4 types of table so one would fit more than one model. This site has another poster 'wurz 5' is he ? who asked for a template but that would require you to know which model even if they were available, otherwise I certainly would make one out of marine ply a material I am familiar with having played in boats in my youth.

Bert

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:14 pm