Zones in a wetroom
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Lawrence
Ganger
Ganger

Zones in a wetroom

Post by Lawrence » Mon May 07, 2007 7:10 am

I am installing a wetroom and can't find anything about the zones in a wetroom - is everything considered to be zone 1? My wertroom has no screen separating the shower area from the rest of the shower room.

are there any restrictions on putting up a bathroom cabinet in a wetroom with a pull cord operated switch?

are there any restrictions on underfloor heating in a wetroom?

Thanks

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Mon May 07, 2007 10:41 am

Yes zone 1 is considered to be to the edge of bath/shower tray so as whole room shower tray then that's it!
As for light this is a bit 'grey' as Regs allowed for a shaver light with inbuilt pull switch providing it had a transformer, but you would not fit it inside zone 1 ie in bath/shower.....
you say no screen but criterier is edge of tray/bath so if there were to be some kind of upstand step etc to mark edge of shower area then I believe this would mark edge of zone 1.
Then provided you use a suitable bathroom type light can't see prob.
Underfloor heating OK if element covered with earthed metalic screen (most are ), controls not readily accessible in room & fed via RCD (such as RCD fused connection unit in adjacent airing cupboard). to comply in my bathroom the thermostat capiliary tube goes from under floor to locked cupboard, supply comes from bedroom behind as discribed. Hope these observations help,
regards SPARX

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:56 pm