bathroom ceiling mould
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Hool
Labourer
Labourer

bathroom ceiling mould

by Hool » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:19 pm

I have mould starting to grow on my bathroom ceiling, in time this has made the paint start to buble & peel off so i cant just clean it & paint over as it will look like a map, i have tried nito morse to get the rest of the paint off but no luck, what else could i try i have thought maybe i should invest in a burner of something to get it off. i also know i need to treat the ceiling before re-painting i know to pva plaster before paint but have been told there is some rubber paint of some form i could paint on is this true? if so what is it & where could i get it from. thanks in advance Paula

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:29 pm

See our project on bathroom ceiling mould. Then see our project on condensation. You really need some ventilation in the room to stop the condensation properly but you should remove all traces of mould first. When the ceiling is mould free it can be repainted with proprietary kitchen and bathroom paint which is available from our tool store and all DIY sheds. Take a look at https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/mo ... eiling.htm and it will solve the problem
Last edited by thedoctor on Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:50 am

Hi We now have a new project called bathroom ceiling mould and how to eradicate it. Go to the projects section of our webiste ( DIY PROJECTS) at https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/mo ... eiling.htm and you will see how to deal with this really common, but difficult problem.
Last edited by thedoctor on Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

ollyburton
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: bathroom ceiling mould

by ollyburton » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:26 pm

hi there its ventalation you need first ie a fan ;you can buy damp seal paint from most diy shops bnq for 1 but without ventalation it will only return.
________
Chrysler Concorde
Last edited by ollyburton on Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:32 am

Do not, under any circumstances, use damp seal without getting rid of the cause (spores) of the mould. This is dangerous advice as if the mould is sealed in with the damp sealer it will permeate through the ceiling. Simply eradicate the mould as suggested by looking at the project above and you will have no further problems.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:07 pm