I am planning to build out building in my garden. I have been seen the planning portal and read few articles. This is DIY project with help if builders. I will be submitting building regulation application but i need your help to finalise few things.
Its Semi Detach Property
Current size of the House 7 Meter Wide from Front 6 Meter Deep
Total Area of the House : 42 Square Meter
I have very large garden at back of the House.
39 Meter Deep X 7 Meter Wide = Total Area 273 Square Meter
I also want to build Out Building 8.5 Meter Deep x 6.5 Meter Wide = 55.25 Square Meter
I have numbered the questions.
1. Am i allowed to build 55.25 square meter outbuilding
There is one cherry tree at the end of the garden. I read online that for cherry tree i need to dig foundation to the depth of 1.2 meter.
2 . Is this correct depth for cherry tree? 60 cm deep 120 cm deep
2. If i build 2 meter away from cherry tree, do i still have to dig 1.2 deep foundation?
3. If there was no tree what is the minimum depth and width of foundation should be? 60 cm wide 90 cm deep
4. I am planning to build on the boundary of my garden. Hight of the outbuilding allowed is 2.5 meter .Is this measured from ground level - meaning current garden ground level? what ground level were already slightly higher then remaining garden?
5. 55.25 Sqaure Meter area is large out building. Roof Trusses will be 6.65 meter long. Any idea what size of trusses i should be using? Do i need structure engineer to confirm this? will these calculation will be required for building regs.
I would appreciate any tips or advise you all can contribute.
DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!